Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Titanic / Genealogy

~*~*~*~*~*~
Titanic

Photobucket

The following is a vision which just popped into my head one evening...

Oddly enough, this happened on April 14th. It wasn't until years later that I discovered April 14th was the day the Titanic sank. (And this vision happened YEARS before the movie came out. I'm not a Titanic history buff either).

It was like seeing a scene from a movie. I saw a man, probably in his early thirties, wearing a suit. There were two young boys with him. They were in a hallway which had silver tea carts lined up against the wall with teapots and fancy pastries. Maids would walk past them, as well as people dressed in Victorian clothing. It was very crowded and busy, despite the fact that this hallway and the surrounding area (more halls) were a "backstage area" if you will. The man conversed with the little boys almost the same as he would speak to an adult. (Like he saw the boys as equals and while he knew they were still young, he wasn’t going to ‘talk down’ to them). He spoke to the youngest boy the most, who was your typical happy child. Very imaginative I think, too. I seem to remember dark brown curly hair. The other boy with him was a little older and much quieter. I think the kids’ suits were a light shade of blue? (Their suits went to their knees, I think).

And that was it. Just these three people conversing in a hallway, then walking and still talking to one another through another crowded, very busy hall.

For two days this vision (or whatever you want to call it) bugged me. It felt so very REAL, which prompted me to think that perhaps I was remembering a scene from an actual movie. I cannot begin to express how real this all felt. I’m not sure it was past life related, but I suppose it could be a possibility. It was strange b/c this was only the second ‘vision’ I had ever had. It just blindsided me. It just popped into my head out of nowhere, about one minute after turning out the light to go to bed.

Photobucket

UPDATE:
Photobucket
My mother just told me something interesting. When I was a toddler, she says I went beyond disliking baths. It was as if baths were sheer torture and I was deathly afraid of them. She said that out of all the babies she's ever raised or babysat, never had she encountered screams like that. It got to the point where she finally just gave me sponge baths on the bed. Lol!

So now I'm thinking maybe that's Titanic related? (Or just any sunken ship really. I only say Titanic b/c of the coincidence mentioned earlier, about the date). I don't really have a fear of water these days though.

Photobucket

Genealogy

Photobucket

Victorian Past Life?

Below is an excerpt from my mother's genealogy files. My mother told me about this. Maybe there is a connection here b/w my ancestors and a possible past life of mine? I'm the first to admit though that this is grasping at straws. I had to include it here though b/c it was fun to read:

Photobucket

The plantation was in Monroe County, Mississippi. The third county down from the Tennessee line. The Tombiggbee River ran through their plantation. He said he and his two younger brothers and some of the little slave boys used to slip off and go fishing down to the river on Sunday afternoons. One time they caught a lot of fish, took them to the house and all of them got hard spankings for fishing on Sunday and he said they ate the fish. He never thought that was right.

His daddy made all the German boys (Note: 'German' was my grandmother's family's last name) help the slaves with the work; around the house, at the barn and in the fields.

The Plantation House was a big two-story white house with big rooms and a winding stairway. The parlor was huge. They used to give weekend dances. People would gather Friday P.M. and stay until Sunday morning. The children had to stay upstairs while the dances were going on and they would peep down through the banisters and watch the people dance. One night one of the girls lost her bustle while dancing. Said it rolled all across the floor. He always laughed when he told that. He was a good storyteller. They only had sixteen grown slaves and some children. He didn't have an overseer over his slaves. They went and came as they wanted to - to the fields....

Their slave cook was named Sally. Some slaves followed along behind the wagons and came all the way to Texas with them.

The kitchen was built far away from the main plantation house. Across one side of the kitchen was a nursery for the slave babies. Granddaddy and his two younger brothers had to take care of them.

Photobucket

The description of the house and all the parties my great-great-great grandfather always held match a few of my PL dreams. Also, in that one dream I was no longer rich and was orphaned with strangers; although nice strangers. I didn't feel like I fit in with them. Could this have been after the civil war? My ancestors did go from being high society to destitute after the war.

Photobucket

No comments: